(9) MLHS SIP Leadership Team
- (9) MLHS SIP Leadership Team
- 3/19/2020, 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM
School Improvement Plan
High Leverage Instructional Strategies Resources
Dept Picked Instructional Strategies
Goal 2 Staff Mtg Presentation
Bring: Chromebooks and a willing heart!
Budget Code for sub: 5836 27 2914 426 (EL School Improvement Grant) - You will need coverage as needed for 6th through 9th. Most likely many of you will have to do a customized time. Check with Kristy if you have questions. Those of you who have class 6th, can eat lunch the first half of 6th prior to our meeting.
Compensation: Zuver and Sands will pinksheet their time for 9th period since they are on 1st track.
- EL Learning
- Data Review
- Spring Outreach Team Debrief
- Expectations from OSPI
- 3 Goal Area Debriefs
- Share with group new information on the SIP
- Celebrations - Challenges
- Goal Team Work
- Good of the Order
Lingering thoughts, to-dos from last spring:
- Mini-goals we were working on at the end of the year last year...
- Increase awareness
- ELPA, Use of Achievement Level Descriptors (ALD), Looking at data, Characteristics of LTELs
- How to access data through Homeroom
- How to monitor language use and development
- Instructional Strategies
- EL Assessment options - CTE Pathways - See attached bulletin
- 28% drop out rate for ELs at MLHS