The Moses Lake School District COVID-19 Dashboard reports information regarding the confirmed positive COVID-19 cases of staff and students participating in On-Campus and Blended Learning models. This page was created to inform the MLSD community of positive COVID-19 cases among our students, faculty, and staff on campus and promote transparent communication.
In partnership with the Grant County Health District, individuals believed to be in close contact with positive cases, and that are deemed at risk, will be notified directly and provided with quarantine instructions. Confidentiality laws prohibit disclosure of an individual's identity.
If your school experiences a positive case of COVID-19, parents/guardians will receive one of the following communications (with instructions), depending on their child's proximity to a person who tested positive:
(1) notification that your child has been identified as in close contact with the positive case and your child is deemed to be at risk; or
(2) notification that your school has a positive case, but your child has not been identified as a close contact.*
* Close contacts are defined as those within a cohort AND within one seat of proximity on a bus, in a classroom, in a cafeteria, or a contact that has spent time nearby in a recess activity.
** When an active case is confirmed, it is added simultaneously to both the "past 14 days" column and "cumulative" column.
SCHOOL CLOSURE CRITERIA
Moving schools to fully remote is a preventative safety measure and does not necessarily indicate an emergency response. A closure may occur for one of three reasons (or any combination thereof):
• Buildings are, in any capacity,* too short-staffed to support the building's needs
• Three (3) or more cohorts experience one (1) positive case. (In other words, 3 cohorts need quarantine)
• GCHD advises closure
*While our COVID tracker may report few or little cases among staff/students in an individual school, additional staff or support staff may have been asked to self-quarantine.
Faculty that have been asked to quarantine as a precaution are not reflected on the COVID tracker but greatly impact the function of each school, especially several positions that are extremely difficult to find coverage for.
For COVID Response protocols, guides, and additional information, visit our School Reopening page.