- 3rd Quarter (Q3) ends on March 16, 2020
- 4th Quarter (Q4) begins March 17, 2020, through the remainder of the school year
- K-5 students will not receive a report card for Q3, but will receive one at the end of the year
- 6-12 student grades issued at the end of the school year can be no lower than the student's grade as of March 17, 2020
- No student will receive an 'F' during Q4
- Attendance will not be a factor when determining student grades, however, students who fail to actively participate in continuous learning may be awarded an Incomplete (I)
- Courses that were originally graded Pass/Fail will be converted to graded as Pass/Incomplete
- Do no harm
- Every student can improve their grade from March 17, 2020
- No Passes, No Fails, No non-credits
- Incomplete's are assigned in classes for students who "cannot engage in an equitable way"
- F's are not an option
- Students will be given opportunities to re-engage in the learning standards based on local school district decisions in consultation with the student/parents/guardians
My student was passing on March 16, does that mean they don't have to do anything else?
Will my child be held back a grade?
Can you tell me more about attendance and truancy?
Will ALL students get a Q3 report card?
Why is K-5 grading different?
no harm", attendance not being a factor, and the ability to improve performance still apply.
Can a student earn an 'F' on their 3rd quarter report card?
How are Q3 and Q4 different?
grade. Students and parents (Grades 6-12) will receive a report card indicating their baseline grade. The traditional grading scale (A-F, P/F, etc.) is applicable to the 3rd quarter grades.
What will transcripts look like?
school year due to the COVID-19 emergency will have a COVID-19 designation.
How is an "Incomplete" different than an "F"?
How can we make up for an Incomplete? (High School)
The following options are available per class upon each teacher's discretion. Students will be given two or more of the following options per 'Incomplete' course:
OPTION #4 Summer school enrollment to complete a 1/2 credit course (whole course). (Completion by August 31, 2020)
How can we make up for an Incomplete? (Middle School)
What happens if the student never completes the incomplete?
< Print > Guidelines for Incompletes