Levy and Bond Info
What is the difference between a Levy and a Bond?
Levies are for Learning:
Levies make up the difference between funding from the state and federal government and the actual cost of operating a school district. What does a Levy do for our students?
- Counseling, Music, Arts, and PE Programs
- Additional teachers and support staff
- Safety and Security including School Resource Officers and School Security
- Activities and Athletics
- Ensuring On-time Graduation for All
- Nurse and Health Services
- Technology including 1:1 Chromebook Initiative
- District-wide 5th-grade swimming and water safety program
- School Transportation and Buses
- Ongoing maintenance of school and district facilities
Bonds are for Building:
Funds from bonds can only be used for construction or renovation of buildings, major repairs, and land purchases; they cannot be used for basic education.