Starting in the 2019-20 school year, Moses Lake School District will be partnering with Educational Service District 123 (Pasco) and offering ECEAP (Early Childhood Education Assistance Program) for our preschool students. This is a free preschool program for eligible children that support child development and learning. Our current program consists of an integrated approach, including both students with the Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) and those without. This will remain the same.
- Early childhood education in full-day classrooms with transportation provided for all students
- Social and emotional development
- Nutritious meals and snacks (breakfast, lunch, and snack)
- Health screening and connections to medical, dental and mental health services
- Family support services
- Parent education and leadership opportunities
Who is eligible?
- Children 3 or 4 years old by August 31st
- From a family with annual income at or below 110 percent of the federal poverty level; or
- Qualify for school district special education services; or
- Have developmental or environmental risk factors that could affect school success
There will be an application process for current and new students wishing to enroll in ECEAP. Enrollment will begin around the middle to end of April. All preschool classrooms will be housed at Midway Elementary. Please note that even though your child is currently in preschool, you must apply for ECEAP and may or may not meet the eligibility requirements. Please see the links to register and return to Cheryl Coulter at the Learning Services Center at 1620 S Pioneer Way, Moses Lake WA, 98837.
There are still many variables being worked through for this transition. However, we believe ECEAP will offer many more opportunities and support our students, families, and community.
2019-20 ECEAP Preschool Application