ROBO-CALLS & EMAILS: Families are automatically enrolled in the Robo-call system using phone numbers in the users SKYWARD account. Staff are automatically enrolled at the time of employment. If you're not receiving calls,
- Log in to your Skyward account and confirm the primary and secondary phone numbers are accurate.
- Ensure the MLSD phone number is not blocked on your phone (509.766.2650)
- Empty your voice mail box
SCHOOL MESSENGER APP: Recieve push notifications to your phone and control your message settings.
If you would like the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts, please opt-in below:
To opt in, text “Y” or “Yes” to MLSD's short code number: 67587
- If you opt-in for text alerts, you will still receive email reminders and robocalls.
- Texts are only eligible for phone numbers included in your Skyward account. If you get a new number, be sure to update your new number with your school. You will need to opt-in again with your new number.
- You can also opt-out of these messages at any time by simply replying to one of our messages with “Stop”.
SchoolMessenger is compliant with the Student Privacy Pledge™, so you can rest assured that your information is safe and will never be given or sold to anyone.
*Carrier charges may apply.
SMS stands for Short Message Service and is commonly referred to as a "text message". Most cell phones support this type of text messaging. Our notification provider, SchoolMessenger, uses a true SMS protocol developed by the telecommunications industry specifically for mass text messaging, referred to as “shortcode” texting. This method is fast, secure and highly reliable because it is strictly regulated by the wireless carriers and only allows access to approved providers. If you’ve ever sent a text vote for a TV show to a number like 46999, you have used short code texting.