Powerwash a Chromebook (New method)
Factory reset your Chromebook (2023)
- Sign out of, restart, or power off/on your Chromebook.
- Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + r all at once after the Chromebook has restarted.
- Select Restart.
- In the box that appears, select Powerwash Continue.
- Select Let's go.
- Connect to the wireless network:
- Select either* MLSD_Staff or MLSD_Student Wifi and sign in with your Google credentials.
- Accept the Google terms of service.
- Sign in with your Google Account.
Once you've reset your Chromebook:
- Follow the onscreen instructions to set up your Chromebook.
- Check if the problem is fixed.
If you are still experiencing problems with your Chromebook at this point, please submit a help desk ticket.
*Select your home wireless if you are not currently at a district location.