Instructional Technology Coaches
My name is Monica McAtee and I am currently in my fourth year as the Instructional Technology Coach for the Moses Lake School District. I taught primarily 4th grade for 15 years in both Moses Lake, WA and Warden, WA. Part of that time I also taught technology to grades 1-5. I taught 6th-grade math for 5 years at Chief Moses Middle School. My bachelor's degree in Elementary Education is from Washington State University (Go Cougs!) with an endorsement in Psychology. My master's degree is from Heritage University in ESL/BIL Education. I am a National Board Certified Teacher in Early/Middle Childhood Literacy and a Level 2 Google Certified Educator.
My Name is Stefan Troutman and I am in my first year as the Moses Lake High School Instructional Technology Coach. I primarily taught ELA to 7th-grade students for six years at Chief Moses Middle School here in Moses Lake. I earned my Bachelor's Degree in History/Social Studies and Secondary Education from Whitworth University in 2011. I am excited to be working alongside the amazing teachers of Moses Lake High School, preparing our students to be lifelong learners and to enter the postsecondary world as positive contributing members of society!
As Instructional Technology Coaches for the MLSD we commit to the following:
- Provide support/training for the Google Suite
- Support teachers in the research of tools (apps, extensions, websites, etc) to best meet the needs of learners in their classroom
- Help to find coverage to support peer to peer evaluations
- Participate in team/PLC learning meetings to develop lessons/activities/units supporting the SAMR model of technology integration
- Facilitate communication with parents regarding the use of devices in and out of the school environment
- Help to design appropriate instruction in Internet Safety/Digital Citizenship
- Encourage principals/school district leadership to support professional development for the 1:1 Classroom Model
- Model and/or co-teach lessons
- Provide a line of communication to the district’s tech department making sure all technical needs of equipment are being met
- Help with the integration of data/assessment to improve and impact daily instruction.
- Support cognitive communities